THE BOOKSHELF is a fantastic not-for-profit venue that works to unite readers with authors and provide fun reading-related craft items. It is our goal to help celebrate Canadian talent and provide a festive atmosphere where readers can meet their next favourite author.
However, events such as The Bookshelf cannot run on good-will alone. We need to rely on volunteers to help us both behind the scenes and on the day of the event.
This is an ALL CALL for EVENT DAY VOLUNTEERS 🙂
We require extra help in a number of different ways:
- guiding vendors to their table during morning set up
- helping return the space to “neutral” at the end of the day
- watching vendor tables when someone needs to step away for a short period of time
- assisting the Event Day Manager with the Welcome Table
- handing out free prizes and giving away free stuff
- letting people in the Farmers Market (at our booth) know what’s going on inside the Community Centre
- advising author readers of when they need to be ready
- running the beverage station and helping with tea, coffee, and water
As a thank you for donating your time, anyone who is able to help for 3+ hours will receive a free lunch from our Literary Cafe (located on the premises) and unlimited beverages during the duration of your aid.
We will need help at various times throughout the day starting from 7:30am – 3pm. Please contact the Event Coordinator at email@example.com before Monday April 24th.