Interested in helping support a great literary event?
Then you’re in the right place.
The Bookshelf @ the Market is a not-for-profit event run by volunteers affiliated with the Writers’ Community of York Region (WCYR). Although we are backed by the WCYR and The Town of Newmarket, this event requires the support of the community as we strive to bring awareness to our beloved Canadian Authors.
There are two ways Sponsors can help:
A donation to the event would be put toward paying the Cost of the Location, Dressing the Event Space, Advertising, Prizes for Draws, and other costs directly incurred in the production of a successful event.
A donation to the event would go toward Prizes for Draws, the Free Scavenger Hunt, and spot prizes just to name a few. Types of gifts could be:
- discount coupons
- gift cards/certificates
- items from your shop/store that contain your contact info
- bottled water for participating vendors, etc.
Sponsors will be honoured for their donation on our website with a logo link to your HOME page, and in our brochure. We will reserve space at our Welcome table to display a thank you, and may even list you as a MAIN SPONSOR in our advertising should your donation greatly alleviate a portion of our expenses. Advertising will strive to consist of TV, News, & Radio spots, Facebook and Social Media exposure.
Honourable Mention (up to $99)
- A hearty “Thank You” to you on our Social Media Platforms leading up to the date of the event
Bronze Level ($100 – $199)
- Listing of your Logo on all pages of our website (in the Bronze Level zone)
- Two hearty “Thank Yous” to you on our Social Media Platforms
- A small Logo Listing on our Sponsorship Poster behind the Welcome Desk on the day of the event
- Possible listing in our brochure handout for the event (depending on the number of upper level sponsors)
Silver Level ($200 – $399)
- Listing of your logo on all pages of our website (in the Silver Level zone)
- Three hearty “Thank Yous” to you on our Social Media Platforms
- A medium Logo Listing on our Sponsorship Poster behind the Welcome Desk on the day of the event
- Space on our Welcome Table for up to an 8.5″ X 11″ worth of publicity (paper or item related)
- A listing of your Logo in our brochure handout for the event
- Possible listing in radio & TV spots during our advertising for the event (depending on number of upper level sponsors)
Gold Level ($400 +)
- Listing of sponsor logo on website
- “Thank You” post 4 times on our Social Media Platforms
- Logo Listing on Sponsorship Poster behind entrance on day of event
- Space on Welcome Table for up to 8.5″ x 11″ for publicity (paper or item related)
- Logo in brochure handout for event and signage on booth in the Farmers’ Market
- Sponsor mention over event PA system at beginning and end of event
- Sponsor logo on posters (Sponsorship commitment before January 31, 2019)
- Sponsor mentions in promotional video
- Mentions in graphic produced for individual author promotions on social media
With over 50 vendors dedicated to celebrating the joy of reading, taking place in the midst of Newmarket’s flourishing Farmers Market, exposure to you and your products will reach hundreds of local merchants and buyers.
Please use our Sponsorship Link for more information.
Monetary Donations can be made via PayPal, cash or cheque to any one of our Volunteer Representatives or at a WCYR monthly meeting (please see the website for meeting details http://wc.york.ca), or via PayPal. Please contact Gary prior to making your donation.
The Bookshelf cannot offer “Donation Receipts” as we are not a government registered NON-PROFIT agency. We can offer a basic receipt to show where your money is going to – WCYR’s The Bookshelf – or you can print your own receipt from PayPal after a monetary donation. All we can offer sponsors is what’s listed above according to the category of Honourary Mention, Bronze Level, Silver Level, or Gold Level – namely advertising/exposure to a new market. That means, even with a receipt for money received, sponsors cannot claim this as a “Donation” at tax time. You will need to list this under an advertising business expense instead.